All people working in a care environment should receive appropriate training. This course is recommended for:
- all staff (non-NHS) who provide a care service, including people with minimal contact
- staff who have contact with service related equipment
- contracted /voluntary staff engaged in any of the categories above
course delivery - This course is usually delivered in-house although open courses will be scheduled if there is sufficient demand.
duration - 1 day
course overview - This course is designed to provide you with the under-pinning knowledge to enable people to develop the core competencies required for effective control of infection.
These competencies are covered throughout the day in the following sections:
- a knowledge of the hazards
- a knowledge of the risks
- an ability to assess risks
- an understanding of how to break the chain of infection
- an awareness of local and national policies
- an awareness of their accountability and responsibility, and
- an understanding of how to comply with the law.
assessment - The course is assessed by a 30 minute multiple choice exam.
qualification - Successful candidates will receive an Elementary Control of Infection certificate from REHIS
course fee - This course is usually delivered in-house although open courses can be arranged if there is sufficient demand. In house courses are charged at a day rate plus a fee per person.. Fees vary according to venue.
course prerequisites - None
further information - REHIS website - further course information
Make an enquiry about this training